We are pleased to present to you the PSLE Oral English Mastery Course. Through this course, we will help your child become a confident and fluent English speaker. Besides excelling in the examinations, being a confident speaker can impress the listener and help children in both their inter-personal communication and future prospects, from impressing the job interviewers, convincing the boss with their presentations and proposals or succeeding as a salesman.
NEW PSLE Exam Format (wef 2015)
In view of the NEW PSLE Syllabus and Assessment Objectives that the Ministry of Education has introduced, the PSLE Oral English Mastery Course is a 12-week course that will take your child through the skills necessary to excel in both components in the PSLE English Oral Examinations. This is in line with the MOE’s requirement for students to be more social and interactive, improving their social skills for the 21st Century.
Beginning from 2015, examiners will be looking out for the students’ ability to demonstrate critical thinking and effective communication skills in the oral examination, and children cannot excel by simply studying or revising alone. They need to build their confidence and hone their skills by interacting with different people in different contexts. They need to be coached, and this means they will need to
- Practise both reading as well as conversing,
- Receive feedback on their performance,
- Receive instruction on how to improve,
- Reflect on other ways to improve and then
- Try again and again.
- Giving each of them the chance to practise and then
- Giving each of them individual feedback
but it is nearly impossible for teachers to do that, with the time constraint teachers face, with their many duties and responsibilities on their plates and their limited time. Completing the syllabus would already have been a feat. Helping students excel requires sacrifices from both teachers and students that are sometimes impossible to make.
- Gain confidence in speaking up in public,
- Create sensible, sound content, and device sensible opinionsand ideas which will help the Student
- Not only for the Stimulus-Based Conversation segment in the Oral Examination (Paper 4), but
- Also for the writing components in Paper 1, especially in creating sensible content for both narrative and non-narrative prose in the Continuous Writing segment.